- If you have any queries about the policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This notice applies to personal data provided by our users, our users include guests staying at a property or all other users. In this notice “you” refers to any individual whose personal data we hold or process (other than our staff and contractors).
Personal information collected
- When you make an enquiry
Your name, telephone number and email address.
- When you make a booking
Your name, address, telephone number and email address. For the purposes of SEF (border control) for all non-nationals and non-residents in Portugal we will collect the following; names of each members of your parties, their date of birth, birth town, country of residence and passport number.
- We also collect website usage information and we do this via cookies. Cookies are used on this website for various purposes including, for example, to evaluate, develop and track website usage, improve the user experience and facilitate accommodation bookings, help your browser navigate through this website, and collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. Most of the cookies on this website do not capture a user's name or other information that would identify the user personally. They merely identify a computer or other device. All information collected by cookies on this website is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- In collecting information, we abide by the following principles.
- Legitimacy: We will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described in this policy and the Charter.
- Relevance and accuracy: We will only collect personal data that is necessary for data processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and up to date.
- Storage: We will hold your personal data for the period necessary in compliance with the provisions of the law.
- Rectification, opposition: You may modify, correct or delete your personal data. You may also oppose the use of your personal data, particularly to avoid receiving sales and marketing information. This is done by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Confidentiality and security: We will ensure reasonable technical and organisational measures are in place to protect your personal data against alteration or accidental or unlawful loss, or unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
- We may share your personal data with third parties for the purpose of a service requested by you e.g. car hire, airport transfers, catering.
Use of your personal data
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To enable us to complete your booking
- To manage your queries and requests
- To tell you about products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- For statistical purpose when we evaluate our range of services
- To help us to provide details or information you may have requested
Basis on which we process personal data
Personal data we hold about you will be processed because the processing is necessary in pursuit of a “legitimate interest”, a legitimate interest in this context means a valid interest we have or a third party has in processing your personal data which is not overridden by your interests in data privacy and security; or because you have consented to the processing for the specific purposes described in this notice; or because the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with our obligations under a contract between you and us.
- Credit or debit card payments will be collected by our payment processor.
- In order for payments to be processed you may need to provide some necessary details to the payment processor.
- Owners or agents of holiday villas, townhouses and apartments if you are making a booking.
- We may share limited customer information with third parties to perform services requested by you or to improve our service to you. Examples of these type of services include car hire, airport transfers, catering and housekeeping.
- To send you information about our products are services via Mailchimp.
- Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are carried out in order to safeguard the information we collect from you and protect against unlawful access and accidental loss or damage. These measures may include (as necessary):
- Protecting our servers with software firewalls;
- Locating our data processing storage facilities in secure locations;
- Encrypting all data stored on our server with an industry standard encryption method that encrypts the data between your computer and our server so that in the event of your network being insecure no data is passed in a format that could easily be deciphered;
- When necessary, disposing of or deleting your data so it is done so securely;
- regularly backing up and encrypting all data we hold.
- We will ensure that our employees are aware of their privacy and data security obligations. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the employees of third parties working on our behalf are aware of their privacy and data security obligations.
- This notice and our procedures for handling personal data will be reviewed as necessary.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use the strict procedures and security features referred to in this clause to try to prevent unauthorised access
On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will process your personal data on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:-
Performance of a contract
If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements. We may also be required to share your passport information when legally required by border control.
If you are unable to provide us with the information set out above, then we may not be able to provide the booking or our letting services.
We may use your name and email contact details you have given us to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time. We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services.
The above are done on the basis that they are in the legitimate interest of our company.
We may ask your consent to use your name, SMS , phone number(s) and postal address to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
We may also ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third parties companies so that they can tell you about the products and services that you have requested.
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
Your privacy rights
The GDPR gives you the following rights in respect of personal data we hold about you. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Ask us to correct any information that we hold about you which is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate.
- Ask us to erase your personal information from our files and systems where there is no good reason for us continuing to hold it.
- Object to us using your personal information to further our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) or where we are using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Ask us to restrict or suspend the use of your personal information, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or our reasons for using it.
- Ask us to transfer your personal information to another person or organisation.
If you have given your consent to us processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information and will dispose of your data securely (although we may in some circumstances need to continue to process your data, if so then we will confirm the reasons for this).